In 2013, while I was working in morocco as a volunteer for a French organization, I travelled to Marrakesh for 2 weeks. During my stay, I spend most of my time at the old medina with artisans. I was fascinated by their lifestyle and their relationship with time.
It can undertake them several hours or days to create a unique craft. Their break times were paced by the rhythm of the muezzin call and mint teas. It was like going back in time for centuries.
Since, I committed myself, to bring Moroccan crafts and artisans the visibility they deserve.
- We met almost 200 artisans from all over morocco
- We realized 7 videos highlighting their skills
- We trained more than 50 artisans to ICT
- We partnered with young entrepreneurs and designers from USA and Philippines
- We brought Moroccan handicrafts to the US department of state
Now our goal is to rethink and refresh their crafts so that these stunning products can have a place in more and more homes and hands across the world.